Frequently Asked Questions
What Triggers A Push To RoomAlert.com
Room Alert Monitors with push to RoomAlert.com enabled automatically update your Room Alert account with sensor data at defined intervals. Please see our FAQ, How To Enable/Disable Push To RoomAlert.com, for a list of models and firmware versions that have this feature.
By default, push to RoomAlert.com happens at these times:
- When your unit first boots (and every time it reboots).
- When an external digital sensor is first connected or disconnected.
- When your unit’s internal or an external temperature sensor reading rises or falls by 2 whole degrees Celsius.
- When your unit’s internal or an external humidity sensor reading rises or falls by 5 percent relative humidity.
- When any switch sensor on your unit changes state from open to closed (and vice versa).
- When a Digital Active Power sensor reading changes from Power Detected to No Power Detected (and vice versa).
- Room Alert S models only: When a Digital Extreme Temperature Sensor detects a fault.
- Room Alert 4E only: when a ping changes from reachable to unreachable (and vice versa).
- When your unit’s built-in or an external analog sensor rises or falls by 0.25 volts.
- When any Light Tower or relay is manually toggled on/off.
- Light Tower/relay not available with the Room Alert 3 Wi-Fi.
- Once an hour after the last successful push, regardless of the state of any of your unit’s sensors.