Room Alert Manager
Room Alert Manager Release Notes
Room Alert Manager software is available for download at RoomAlert.com.
July 14, 2022
- Updated to Java 1.8.0_332-b09.
- Updated the SMS Modem Service Center Number input field to accept an 8-digit number (previously required 10 digits).
- Removed the Device-ManageR-To-Room-Alert-Manager Import Tool from Room Alert Manager’s installation.
Please note that there are no versions between the previous release, 2.2.5, and this release.
May 25, 2022
- Made additional improvements to Room Alert Manager’s web interface to make it more accessible for users with disabilities.
May 10, 2022
- Added a step in the installer for users to accept our software license agreement.
April 29, 2022
- Made improvements to Room Alert Manager’s web interface to make it more accessible for users with disabilities.
April 4, 2022
- Made performance improvements to the Room Alert firmware update process to better support remote updates.
February 24, 2022
- Added a new item to the main navigation bar: Guidance. This includes the following:
- A Threshold Ranges tab with preconfigured ranges and support for creating custom ranges.
- An Established Standards page with information about data center recommendations and heat index risk levels.
- Added support for graphing Threshold Ranges.
- Resolved an issue with concurrent aggregate jobs that could impact CPU.
February 3, 2022
- Resolved an issue where aggregate data calculations could build up and cause high CPU.
- Resolved an issue that limited the number of devices that could be configured for manual discovery.
January 11, 2022
- Resolved an issue that could cause data aggregations to stop getting processed.
December 27, 2021
- Added support for writing to MySQL Database.
December 14, 2021
- Resolved an issue that prevented proper rediscovery of an Axis camera if its IP address or credentials changed.
December 8, 2021
- Redesigned Room Alert Manager’s reporting features to allow users to quickly & easily browse all sensors in one place, view their current readings, check their alarm status, and more.
- The “Reporting” tab has been renamed “Sensor Data and Reporting.”
- Made the following minor updates to Axis camera features:
- Resolved an issue that caused Motion Alert notifications to display an “Unknown Label.”
- Fixed the formatting of timestamps within an Axis camera image’s file name.
- Improved the Motion Status in the Axis camera’s Details page to load more quickly.
November 29, 2021
- Resolved an issue with the way Room Alert Manager handled overlapping data during Daylight Savings Time (DST) time changes.
- Resolved an issue that caused the timestamps for Ping Device data samples to get saved with the wrong year.
- Resolved a memory leak that could affect the application’s syncing processes, including data pulls.
October 25, 2021
- Resolved an issue where Room Alert Manager was unable to received data pushed from Room Alert Monitors.
- Resolved an issue where the version was being displayed as “unknown”.
- Resolved an issue where usage statistics were not being transmitted.
October 19, 2021
- Added support for Axis network cameras.
- Reorganized items in the main navigation menu.
- Room Alert Monitors, Ping Devices and Axis Cameras are now listed separately under Devices.
- Notification Groups, Light/Relay Profiles, Schedules and Custom Templates are now listed under Actions.
- Implemented minor layout changes to the New Alert Form in order to improve the workflow when adding actions.
- Added an optional feature to allow Room Alert Manager to send usage statistics to AVTECH.
September 8, 2021
- Added support for the Room Alert 3S.
July 16, 2021
- Resolved an issue that could cause the data deletion process to time out before it completes.
June 30, 2021
- Added support for the following Security Features:
- Configurable maximum session time
- Configurable session inactivity limit
- Failed login limit
- Password expiration
- Multi-factor authentication
- Added support for Room Alert 3W custom credentials and firmware updates.
- Added support for viewing Alert History.
- Added a link to the Device Details page, which opens the device’s local web interface.
- Added custom notification templates to the Import/Export JSON file.
- Made the following improvements to Reports:
- Added language to identify when a report does not have any data to graph.
- Added hourly data points for discovery. (Previously, discovery data points were only generated when the discovery state changed from Discovered to Not Discovered or vice-versa)
- Updated the CSV download to list timestamps in 24-hour format.
- Resolved an issue that caused zoomed-in graph views to reset when the report data automatically refreshed.
- Resolved an issue that could cause reports to appear in the Reports List multiple times.
- Resolved an issue that could prevent Manager or Viewer users from accessing report data.
- Resolved an issue that prevented reports from loading properly if a graphed ping sensor has been deleted.
- Resolved an issue with downloading report data to a CSV file if the report contains “unknown” sensor labels.
- Resolved an issue that prevented device names from updating in Report drop-down lists.
- Disallowed saving a negative number of days in Data Retention Settings.
June 15, 2021
- Improved the firmware update process to allow for additional firmware update attempts on devices that previously underwent an unsuccessful firmware update.
June 11, 2021
- Optimized aggregate data calculations to reduce overall CPU and disk activity.
- Resolved an issue that could intermittently prevent Device Details pages from loading in Room Alert Manager’s web interface.
June 4, 2021
- Increased the amount of time Room Alert Manager waits to validate that a firmware update was successful.
- Resolved an issue that caused a “New firmware” message to incorrectly appear on the Device Details page of up-to-date E models.
- Resolved an issue with importing alerts that are associated with custom alert notifications.
- Added logic to prevent Room Alert Manager from performing Light/Relay actions on archived devices.
- Added the Push Settings –> Missed Push Threshold to the Import/Export JSON file.
- Added an “Archived” label to archived devices in more places throughout Room Alert Manager’s web interface.
- Resolved an issue that caused excluded IP addresses/ranges that were previously deleted to reappear upon service restart.
May 27, 2021
- Added support for customizing alert notifications.
- Added support for archiving devices.
- Added SMS Modem settings to the Import/Export JSON file.
- Resolved an issue that could cause a small amount of minutes to get added to imported Quiet Time schedules.
- Improved the import process so that users can immediately access newly imported reports.
- Resolved an issue that could cause certain discovery setting to not persist upon service restarts.
May 14, 2021
- Added support for configurable data retention settings.
- Added support for writing to SQL Server Database.
- Added support for storing device credentials.
- Packaged the Device-ManageR-To-Room-Alert-Manager Import Tool into Room Alert Manager’s Installation.
- Resolved an issue with alerting & reporting related to Push to Room Alert Manager functionality.
- Adjusted field validation in SMS Modem Settings.
- Removed HTML from “ongoing alert” SMS messages.
May 11, 2021
- Resolved an issue that could cause Room Alert Manager’s alerting processes to continuously loop, resulting in high CPU and disk activity, and preventing the application from functioning properly.
April 29, 2021
- Resolved an issue that could cause installation files to get deleted if a Room Alert Manager software update is cancelled before it completes.
April 21, 2021
- Added support for SMS Modems.
- Added support for importing Room Alert Manager settings.
- Discovery performance improvement: specified ports used to listen for E model devices’ discovery responses.
- Added a Dismiss All button for in-app notifications.
- Resolved an issue that caused HTML elements to be included in plain-text email and email-to-SMS notifications.
April 2, 2021
- Added support for repeat actions.
- Added support for Quiet Time Schedules.
- Added support for exporting Room Alert Manager’s configuration to a JSON file.
- Made performance optimizations to reduce overall CPU and disk activity.
March 18, 2021
- Added support for AVTECH’s new Digital Extreme Temperature Sensor.
- Made performance optimizations to reduce overall CPU and disk activity.
- Resolved an issue that could prevent Ping Sensors from loading.
- Specified ports used to listen for devices’ discovery responses.
- Resolved an issue that prevented Light / Relay Actions from properly displaying within an Alert Details page.
- Added support for Push To Room Alert Manager (to be used with future releases of Room Alert firmware).
February 23, 2021
- Modified the formatting of data in CSV report downloads to be more reader-friendly.
- Resolved an issue that caused sensor readings in CSV report downloads to not match the user’s chosen temperature scale.
February 12, 2021
- Added support for ICMP and HTTP/HTTPS pings.
January 29, 2021
- Resolved an issue that prevented device discovery.
January 29, 2021
- Added language to the installer to explain that startup may be delayed upon upgrading.
- Added support for the Light Tower & Relay action for the Room Alert 3E.
- Removed invalid options for Light Tower & Relay actions on the Room Alert 4E and Room Alert 12E.
- Added the ability to create a Light Tower & Relay action by selecting “Create new action” within the Alert Form.
- Removed the Edit buttons from within read-only alerts.
- Resolved an issue that prevented the report graph from loading when the report’s date picker is set to today.
- Resolved an issue that prevented the report graph from loading data if custom analog is disabled on the Room Alert device but is added to the report.
- Resolved an issue that could cause lines to disappear from the report graph when the report’s date range is changed.
January 26, 2021
- Fixed issues that prevented graphs from rendering correctly in multi-device Reports.
- Optimized SQL queries to more quickly aggregate data and pull it from the database.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Room Alert Manager to no longer aggregate data after the service was stopped/restarted while in the process of aggregating data.
January 22, 2021
- Added support for the Light Tower & Relay action type for the following E models: 32E, 12E, and 4E.
- Added support for triggering Light Tower & Relay actions via alerts.
- Added support for multiple-device reports, including graphs and CSV downloads.
- Added support for discovering and pulling sensor data from the Room Alert 3W model at default credentials.
- Fixed an issue in processing data from the embedded database that could cause a delay in the web interface opening after the Room Alert Manager service restarts
December 15, 2020
- Resolved an issue that prevented the installer from properly saving a custom web server port.
- Added a compatibility FAQ link to the Devices Inventory page.
December 4, 2020
- Added help text for the sign-in page.
November 20, 2020
- First official release of Room Alert Manager.