In your Room Alert Account, you can plot your Room Alert Monitors on a map for visual inventory, and immediately know what locations have alerts in progress or may require attention.
You can watch a video demonstration below:
You can plot your devices by:
– Street address
– City, state, zip code or country
– Any other location that can be displayed on a map
Updating your device locations is easy. To plot a device:
1. First, log in to your account at RoomAlert.com.
2. Then select Devices in the navigation bar to the left.
3. In the Devices page, select the Map tab. Here, you’ll see a map of the world and a list of all of your registered devices.
4. Put your cursor in the Location field next to the desired device.
5. Enter the location.
6. Then simply click outside of the field to commit your changes.
7. Your device will now appear on the map, as shown below:
– You may change your device’s location at any time by overwriting the information in its Location field.
– If your device isn’t plotted in the exact location on the map, try entering the address in a different format or using the coordinates.
You can find the coordinates by searching for the address in Google Maps. (The coordinates are listed in your web browser address bar.)
– If desired, you can also enter addresses in the Location field that cannot be plotted on the map, as shown below.
Your devices appear on the map as red pointers displaying status icons:
You can filter the devices displayed on the map by connection status, device type, and alert status.
Select the X to reset your filters.
If you click on a red pointer on the map, the device details will appear.
Click on a cluster of devices to display individual pointers.
You can manipulate the map in a number of useful ways, such as:
In the upper left corner of the screen, you can use the Map and Satellite buttons to toggle between the two view types.
If you hover over the selected button, you have the option to display additional information.
– For Map, the additional option is Terrain.
– For Satellite, the additional option is Labels.
Use the + and – symbols in the lower right corner of the map to zoom in and out.
You can zoom in on a specific point by placing your cursor over it and using the scroll wheel on your mouse.
Top move the map, simply hold down the left button on your mouse.
– Original view
Drag your mouse back and forth to move the view left and right.
– View moved to the left
Drag your mouse up and down to move the view higher and lower.
– View moved down