If you attempt to update the firmware on one of your Room Alert Monitors and the process fails, it can cause issues with the unit. Typically, these issues can be resolved with a little troubleshooting.
The tabs below list some of the reasons a firmware update might fail, potential symptoms of a failed firmware update, as well as troubleshooting steps.
* Please note that the Room Alert 32S, 12S & 3S are not compatible with Device ManageR or the Device Discovery utility.
Select the tabs below to learn about some of the reasons a firmware update might fail.
If you see any of the below symptoms after trying to update your device’s firmware, it may indicate that the firmware update process failed. In most cases, some, not all, of these symptoms will be true after a failed firmware update.
1. If you suspect that your firmware update failed, first check the status of the LED lights on your Room Alert Monitor.
Room Alert 32S, 12S, 3S, 32E/W, 12E, 4E, or 3E: What The Ethernet Port LED Lights Mean On A Room Alert Monitor
Room Alert 3W: What The LEDs On Room Alert 3 Wi-Fi Mean
2. If it appears that the device is in a state of normal operation, check if the device can be discovered in Link, Device Discovery or Room Alert Manager.
3. If the Room Alert Monitor is discovered (and not grayed-out), try to update its firmware again.
For instructions, please see How To Update Firmware On Room Alert Monitors.
4. If the update fails again, check the update.log file to further diagnose the issue.
5. You can them email the Update.log file to our support team at Support@AVTECH.com.
For instructions to retrieve the log file, select the tabs below.
|Current S models||Current E models|
|Room Alert 32S||Room Alert 32E|
|Room Alert 12S||Room Alert 12E|
|Room Alert 3S||Room Alert 4E|
|Room Alert 3E|
|Room Alert 3W|
|Current Models||Legacy Models|
|Room Alert 32E||Room Alert 32W|
|Room Alert 12E||Room Alert 26W|
|Room Alert 4E||Room Alert 24E|
|Room Alert 3E||Room Alert 11E|
|Room Alert 7E|