A MAC address is a 12-character alphanumeric ID, typically divided into 6 sets of 2 characters, as shown below:
You may need the MAC address of your Room Alert Monitor to perform certain tasks, such as advanced discovery in Device ManageR or Device Discovery.
The MAC address of your Room Alert monitor appears in several places:
If you have physical access to the unit, you may turn it over and find the MAC address printed on a sticker, as shown below:
The MAC address is listed directly on the unit’s web interface. To view your MAC Address in the Room Alert Monitor’s web interface, follow these steps:
1. Open your Room Alert Monitor’s web interface. You may open the interface using Device Discovery, Device ManageR or your account at RoomAlert.com. You may also type the IP address of the unit directly into the address bar of your web browser.
2. You’ll see the MAC address displayed in the Status page.
Depending on your model type and firmware version, the MAC address will appear in one of two places, as show below:
Your Room Alert Account displays the unit’s MAC address in both the Inventory list and in each unit’s Device Details page. To view your MAC Address in your Room Alert Account, follow these steps:
1. Log in to your account at RoomAlert.com.
2. Select Devices from the navigation bar to the left.
3. You’ll see the Inventory tab, where you may find the MAC Address of each of your devices in the Identifier column.
4. You may also select a device from the Inventory list to view the MAC address on the left side of the Device Details page.
To view your MAC address in Device ManageR, follow these steps:
1. Open Device ManageR in your browser. You may open it by entering ‘localhost:8080’ or ‘<IP address of host system>:8080’ in your browser’s address bar.
2. Select Device Status in the navigation bar to the left of the screen.
3. A list of discovered devices appears, which you can choose to sort by MAC address. Next to each device name, the MAC address appears.
4. You may also select a unit from the list to see the MAC address in the main viewing pane to the right.
To view your MAC address in Device Discovery, follow these steps:
1. Open AVTECH Device Discovery. You may find it in your Windows system typically through the default path, C:\Program Files\AVTECH Device Discovery Utility or C:\Program Files (x86)\AVTECH Device Discovery Utility.
2. Select Search to bring up a list of discovered devices.
3. You’ll see the firmware version of all units in the third column under MAC Address.