Frequently Asked Questions
How To Configure An Image Capture Action In Room Alert Manager
If you’re using an Axis camera with Room Alert Manager, you may capture images from the camera in response to alert conditions. You may choose to email the images to your notifications groups, offering a quick visual check of your facility.
Before you begin:
First, discover your Axis camera. This FAQ shows you how: How To Discover Axis Cameras In Room Alert Manager.
Please follow these instructions to set up an Image Capture Action:
- Begin configuring your alert in Room Alert Manager. This FAQ shows you how: How To Create Alerts In Room Alert Manager.
- Stop when you reach “Step 3: Add actions to your alert.”
- In the Then… section of your new alert, select Image Capture to add an Image Capture action.
- In the Image Capture Action form, select the camera(s) you’d like to capture images from.
- (Optional) You may configure the action to repeat and/or associate the action with a Quiet Time schedule.
- In the Send images to… field, select the notification group(s) that you’d like to send the images to.
Captured images only get attached to Email notifications. The images are attached as JPG files.
If your Notification Group includes other types of notifications (such as in-app messages, email-to-SMS messages, or text messages via SMS modem), the notifications will simply include the name of the alert and the number of images that were captured (but no JPG file).
- Image Capture messages are only sent when an alert is triggered (or as a repeat action while an alert remain triggered.) Images are not captured or sent when an alert clears.
- For this reason, you may wish to add an additional notification action to your alert, so that you get notified when the alert clears.
- When you’re done configuring your alert, select Save Changes.