Frequently Asked Questions
What To Do If Email From Your Room Alert Monitor Is Not Working
A number of things can happen that prevent email from reaching you:
- Room Alert could not connect to your mail server.
- Room Alert did (1) but could not log in to your mail server.
- Room Alert did (1) and (2) but could not hand off the email to your mail server.
- Room Alert did (1), (2) and (3), but your mail server didn’t deliver it.
- Your mail server does not relay mail to other mail servers.
- Your mail server categorized the mail as spam and did not deliver it.
- Your mail server did not recognize the recipient address.
- Room Alert did (1), (2) and (3) and your mail server did (4), but you can’t find it.
- Your email application categorized it as spam and deleted it.
- Your email application categorized it as spam and put it in your spam folder.
- Your email application obeyed a filter and put it in a folder other than your in-box.
Check these things.Then run a trace for more information.
If you expect an email from your Room Alert Monitor–either a test email or an alert email–and don’t receive it, please check the following things:
Sending a test email while a trace is running on your Room Alert is helpful for troubleshooting. The trace contains information about whether and why the email succeeded or failed.
- Start the trace using Windows Command Prompt: How To Generate A Trace On A Room Alert Monitor
- Open your Room Alert’s Email Settings page.
- Navigate to Settings–>SMTP (or Settings–>Email).
- Room Alert 3 Wi-Fi only: Navigate to Alert Options–>SMTP.
- Select Send Test Email.
- Wait a minute to allow the trace to capture all the required information.
- Close Windows Command Prompt.
- Locate the trace in your C: drive.
- Send the trace file to Support@AVTECH.com.