Frequently Asked Questions
Room Alert Manager
How To Configure Data Retention Settings In Room Alert Manager
Follow these instructions to view and edit your data retention settings in Room Alert Manager:
- Open Room Alert Manager in your web browser.
- In order to configure data retention settings in Room Alert Manager, you must log in as an admin-level user.
- Select Settings –> Devices in the navigation bar to the left.
- The page is split into three tabs: Device Data , Camera Images & Archived Devices.
Select the tabs below for further information.
Device Data Settings
- In the Device Data tab, you’ll see the following fields:
- Data Polling Interval
- In this section, you may configure how often Room Alert Manager asks your devices for sensor data.
- The default and minimum value is 15 seconds.
- Max Resolution Data Retention
- In Keep for x days, you may change the value from the default value, either* 30 days or 180 days.
*The default retention period depends on whether your current Room Alert Manager installation was upgraded from a previous software version that did not support data deletion.
- When you make changes to this field, Room Alert Manager recalculates the Estimated Max Size of your Max Resolution Data, according to the number of days you’re keeping.
- 5 Minute Data Retention
- In Keep for x days, you may change the value from the default value, 5 years, to a different number of days or years.
- When you make changes to this field, Room Alert Manager recalculates the Estimated Max Size of your 5 Minute Data, according to the number of days/years you’re keeping.
- Size of Retained Data
- Room Alert Manager calculates the Estimated Max Size of your stored data, according to the number of sensor readings being monitored, and the amount of data you’ve chosen to keep.
- When you’re done configuring settings, select Save Changes at the bottom of the screen.
- If you’ve made changes to either of the data retention settings, you’ll see the Change data retention? confirmation dialog box.
- Type the word “change” into the field to confirm your changes.
- Then select the Change Data Retention button.
- Room Alert Manager will check if it needs to delete data, based on the new retention settings.
- If so, it will began a data deletion process, and display its progress while this process completes.
- After deleting data, the Room Alert Manager service may need to automatically restart in order to compact the newly freed diskspace.
- Going forward, Room Alert Manager will regularly check if its database contains data older than your retention settings, and delete data accordingly.
Camera Images Retention Settings
- In the Camera Images tab, you’ll see the following options:
- Keep a maximum of X images per camera.
- This option is disabled by default. Enable it in order to limit the number of images that Room Alert Manager keeps from any discovered camera.
- Keep images for up to X days.
- This option is enabled by default. You may adjust the number of days or disable* this option if you’d like.
- At least one of the two retention option on the page must be enabled.
- When you’re done configuring these settings, select Save Changes at the bottom of the screen.