You may view a video demonstration of setting up a Room Alert 3 Wi-Fi below:
Plug the Room Alert 3 Wi-Fi into power.
Notice that the “S” LED (on the right) blinks once.
– In your Windows task bar, select your Network Connection Status icon to open your list of networks.
– Select your Room Alert 3 Wi-Fi’s name (3WXXXXXX), and then select Connect.
– Enter the following network security key, which is case-sensitive: RoomAlert3W.
– Enter 192.168.0.1 in the address bar of your web browser.
– Then enter the Room Alert 3 Wi-Fi’s default username and password to open the device’s web interface:
Please note that Room Alert 3 Wi-Fi supports the following wireless security types: WEP (Client Only), WPA Personal and WPA2 Personal.
– Once the web interface opens, navigate to Settings–>QuickConnect.
– In the QuickConnect page, select your Wi-Fi networks’ name from the list.
– Enter your Wi-Fi network’s password if required.
– Next select Apply to temporarily save your changes.
– Then select Submit to commit your changes to the device.
Your Room Alert 3 Wi-Fi will automatically obtain an IP address on your network.
Notice that the “L” LED (on the left) stays lit solidly when your device is connected to your network.
– Return to your list of wireless networks on your computer.
– Select your Room Alert 3 Wi-Fi.
– Then select Disconnect.
– Log in to your account at RoomAlert.com. Don’t have an account yet? Please see this FAQ for how to create one: How To Register For A RoomAlert.com Account (VIDEO).
– Select Devices. Your Room Alert 3 Wi-Fi should automatically appear in your list of devices.
If you don’t see your Room Alert 3 Wi-Fi, you may add it using the Register Device button.
See this FAQ for instructions: How To Add Devices To Your RoomAlert.com Account (VIDEO).
– Then select Alerts–>Create Alerts to begin configuring alerts for your Room Alert 3 Wi-Fi. This FAQ shows you how: How To Create Alerts In Your RoomAlert.com Account (VIDEO).
You may also configure alerts for your Room Alert 3 Wi-Fi in AVTECH’s Device ManageR software if you prefer. This FAQ shows you how: How To Create Alerts In Device ManageR: Start To Finish (VIDEO).
Device ManageR is available for download from your Room Alert Account. Please see this FAQ for how to download from your Room Alert Account: How to Download Firmware & Software from Your RoomAlert.com Account.