Frequently Asked Questions
Room Alert Manager
How To Create Actions In Room Alert Manager
You may configure actions in Room Alert Manager to send these types of alert notifications:
You may also set up actions to toggle Light Towers & Relays: How To Configure Light And Relay Actions In Room Alert Manager.
For information about configuring Axis Image Capture actions, please see: How To Configure An Image Capture Action In Room Alert Manager.
To configure an action in Room Alert Manager, please follow these steps:
- Open Room Alert Manager in your web browser.
- In order to edit actions in Room Alert Manager, you must log in as an admin-level or manager-level user.
- Select Actions in the navigation bar to the left of the screen.
- The Notification Groups page will open by default. This is the action type we’ll configure in our example.
- Then select the Create a New Notification Group button.
- Give your Notification Group a unique name.
- The default name is “New Notification Group 1” but we’ve renamed ours “Notify IT Team.”
- Next, set up your first recipient.
- In Choose recipient type, we’ve selected Room Alert Manager user.
- Additional fields will populate according to your choice.
- In Choose a user, we’ve selected our user IT Mgr.
- In Choose a delivery method, we’ve selected In-app Notification.
- Select the +Add another recipient button to create a multi-line action.
You may add as many different notifications to your action as you’d like.
- We have a total of 4 recipients in our multi-line action.
When an alert triggers, all recipients in your multi-line action will be notified at the same time. If you wish to notify some recipients at different times, you must create a separate action for them.
- Select Save Changes to save your action.
- You’ll return to the main Notification Groups list, where you can view your group’s details:
- In the list view, you’ll see how many alerts this action is currently associated with. In our example above, the action is Not Used.
- The image below shows what it would look like if the action was used in 2 alerts:
- Select the 3 dots to edit or delete the action. (An action cannot be deleted if it is currently associated with an alert.)
- Once your action is configured, you may associate it with any alert. Please see our FAQ, How To Create Alerts In Room Alert Manager.